Ever since my days as an intern at the CCNMs teaching clinic in 2005/2006, I’ve always been very interested in working with couples who are planning on, trying to or having difficulty getting pregnant. That interest grew once I graduated and became licensed to practice in 2007, and I was able to work successfully with couples in their fertility journeys.
That interest turned into a huge passion when my husband and I were diagnosed with “unexplained infertility” and we struggled to conceive for 5 long years before we welcomed our little boy into the world. I came out of that experience armed with first hand knowledge about amalgamating a team of conventional RE’s and complementary NDs, acupuncturists, chiropractors, osteopaths and physiotherapists for my own personal healthcare team.
Here are a few blog posts you might be interested in if you wanted to learn more about my own struggles with my fertility journey:
- My Crazy IUI Story
- My IVF Story: Part 1
- My IVF Story: Part 2
- My Fertility Journey on Facebook for #CIAW2020
- My Fertility Journey on Instagram for #CIAW2020
- My Fertility Anniversary on Instagram
Infertility is rarely discussed amongst friends BUT it is incredibly common. In fact, 1 in 6 Canadian couples struggle with getting pregnant and there’s even a whole week dedicated to infertility in April every year.
The most common reasons for female-factor infertility are:
- Problems with ovulation such as irregular or absent periods, PCOS and POI
- Blocked fallopian tubes due to endometriosis, PID or a previous ectopic pregnancy
- Uterine fibroids
There are also a variety of male-factor infertility causes to take into consideration.
Male & Female Factors
In addition, there are many factors that can contribute to infertility in both men and women:
- Use of alcohol, smoking cigarettes and recreational drugs
- Environmental toxins
- Poor diet
- Being overweight or underweight
How I Can Help
If you’ve been trying to get pregnant for a while now and it just hasn’t happened yet, you’ve probably Googled all sorts of things including causes of infertility and what you can do about it. Doing a search on natural fertility solutions will result in an endless list of options that are overwhelming to say the least.
Struggling to get pregnant is an incredibly isolating and difficult time physically and emotionally. My goal in working with couples is to help them navigate through all of the information, pinpoint exactly what is most beneficial to their specific situation and support them every step of the way from a Naturopathic standpoint.
Please feel free to CONTACT ME or schedule a FREE virtual 15 min meet & greet appointment to ask me your questions about Naturopathic Medicine and my treatment approach. I’d love to chat with you to see if we would work well together through your fertility journey.
Here are a few blog posts that you might be interested in:
- September: PCOS Awareness Month
- Fertility Website/Groups/Forum De-coder
- Your Beauty Products Can Impact Your Fertility
- Fertility Plan During COVID-19
- Endometriosis & Estrogen Dominance
- Vitamin D and Fertility
- Fish Oil & Fertility
- CoQ10 & Fertility: What’s all the fuss about?
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Acupuncture for Infertility